God laughs at my plans, says Robbie Williams

And isn`t that true! We think we have a say about what is to happen next in our lives, but far from it. If it had been up to me, I would have taken the fast train to Paris on the 8th, meet my sister-in-law from Zambia there, watch the fantastic exhibition at the Grand Palais Éphémère of African art, with my sister taking part... Yes, all was planned, hotel booked for three nights, train tickets ready, suitcase packed, and then, in the night before, I had just occurred to me to take my mobile off the loading hook, to really get everything right. And that did it. I tripped over the suitcase (what is a suitcase doing there!?) and knew right away that now it was over. My arm was broken, I got operated, had to stay in hospital, no travelling. I am all right now, more or less, still in pain, but on the healing path. What shattered me most is this incredible interference into my well-set plans! I was angry at myself, at my Guardian Angel, why was I not watched better? - But WHAT if I was just due for an accident, if somehow this was perhaps still in my book - and wasn`t it better to have one at home? Not tripping in a strange hotel bathroom, not knowing whom to call (now I know: the numer 112 is valid in all of Europe), and to be sent to a hospital where no one would visit me? Ugh yeah. Probably. But this whole thing took away some of my usual self-reliance and assuredness. Bleah. I am now wondering if there is a lesson to be learned, and which one? Why am I still here and did not hit my head? What I learned, though, already, is that many dear friends called on me and sent me their good wishes. That was lovely. Thank you all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women`s Rights, of no interest